Mexico City, March 27, 2023 – Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: KOFUBL, NYSE: KOF) (“Coca-Cola FEMSA”, “KOF” or the “Company”) released its Annual Integrated Report 2022: “Future-Ready,” highlighting its operational, financial and non-financial achievements for the year, driven by its strategic priorities. The report provides information on the Company’s key initiatives in its portfolio, omnichannel, sustainability (ESG) and culture fronts.
“As a future-ready organization, we are advancing on all of our strategic priorities—from our customer-centric culture to our multi-category portfolio and industry-leading ESG initiatives,” said Ian Craig, Coca-Cola FEMSA’s Chief Executive Officer. He added, “We also continue to build on our enhanced cooperation framework with The Coca-Cola Company to execute ambitious growth plans, while advancing our digital strategy to become our customer’s preferred commercial platform.”
The main achievements presented include:
Business and financial:
- The Company successfully navigated a dynamic, inflationary environment to deliver 8.6% volume growth, with total revenues increasing 16.4% and operating income rising 12.5%.
- The Company achieved digital revenues of US$1.2 billion, fueled by the expansion of its omnichannel multi-category B2B and D2C commercial platforms.
- The Company strengthened its multi-category platform, expanding its pilot programs and closing long-term distribution agreements.
- From the Green Bond issued in international markets in 2020, the Company reported the use of US$664.8 million by 2022; this total investment represented 94% of the net proceeds.
- The accumulated use of these proceeds was allocated to eligible green projects in three main categories, according to the Green Bond Framework: 72% in circular economy; 3% in water stewardship; and 25% in climate action.
- Cola FEMSA issued the first Social Bonds in the consumer sector in the Americas and the first Sustainability Bonds issued in Mexico’s consumer sector for a total amount of Ps. 6 billion. The net proceeds from these bonds will be used to finance eligible social and sustainability projects focused on the social and economic development of our communities.
Environmental and Social:
- Coca-Cola FEMSA invested US$479 million in circular economy from 2018 through 2022, enabling it to utilize more than 85 thousand tons of recycled resin in its operations during 2022.
- In 2022, the Company achieved a water use ratio of 1.46 liters of water per liter of beverage produced, an industry benchmark.
- From 2018 through 2022, the Company invested US$165 million in climate action, enabling it to supply 66% of the electricity used in its bottling operations with renewable energy, while reducing 29% of absolute scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions and 17% of absolute scope 3 GHG emissions as compared with the 2015 baseline year.
- Coca-Cola FEMSA was included in the S&P Global Sustainability Yearbook 2023 for the third consecutive year, achieving a score on S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment that makes it stand out as one of the best performing companies in the beverage sector.
- Coca-Cola FEMSA was included for the fifth consecutive year in the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index and as one of the Best LGBTQ+ Places to Work for the fourth consecutive year by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation and HRC Equidad MX.
Coca-Cola FEMSA’s Annual Integrated Report 2022, “Future-Ready,” was developed following the guidelines of the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) and in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards, as well as material indicators of the Sustainability Accounting Standard’s Board (SASB) for the non-alcoholic beverage industry. Furthermore, this report elaborates on the Company’s annual Communication on Progress (COP) to the United Nations Global Compact.
The complete integrated report 2022 is available on www.coca-colafemsa.com
Sobre a Coca-Cola FEMSA
A Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. é a maior engarrafadora da franquia Coca-Cola do mundo por volume de vendas. A Companhia produz e distribui bebidas das marcas registradas da The Coca-Cola Company, oferecendo um amplo portfólio de 134 marcas a mais de 270 milhões de consumidores todos os dias. Com mais de 97 mil colaboradores, a Companhia comercializa e vende aproximadamente 3,8 mil milhões de caixas-unidade através de mais de 2 milhões de pontos de venda por ano. Operando 56 unidades de manufatura e 249 centros de distribuição, a Coca-Cola FEMSA está comprometida a gerar valor econômico, social e ambiental para todos os seus grupos de interesse em toda a cadeia de valor. A Companhia é membro do Índice de Sustentabilidade de Mercados Emergentes do Dow Jones, Índice de Sustentabilidade MILA Pacific Alliance do Dow Jones, FTSE4Good Emerging Index; e do índice S&P/BMV Total México ESG, entre outros. Suas operações abrangem territórios no México, no Brasil, na Guatemala, na Colômbia e na Argentina, e, em nível nacional, na Costa Rica, na Nicarágua, no Panamá, no Uruguai e na Venezuela mediante um investimento na KOF Venezuela. Para obter mais informações, visite www.coca-colafemsa.com
For further information, please contact:
Coca-Cola FEMSA Investor Relations
José Enrique Solís
Luis Darío Ochoa
Aurea Patiño Garza email@example.com