At FEMSA, we create value for our stakeholders and our society by creating the economic, social and environmental conditions necessary to operate today and to grow sustainably in the future.
Since our foundation in 1890, our actions have been based on a fundamental principle: respect for human dignity is above any economic consideration.
Throughout our history we have diversified, and we participate in global markets in different ways, such as:
- We participate in retail trade through FEMSA Comercio, comprised by a Proximity Division of which OXXO, a small-format store chain, is a part of; a Health Division, which includes pharmacies and related activities; and a Fuel Division, which operates the OXXO GAS service station chain.
- We participate in the beverage industry operating Coca-Cola FEMSA, a public bottler of Coca-Cola products.
- In the beer sector we are shareholders of HEINEKEN, a company with presence in more than 70 countries.
- Through FEMSA Strategic Businesses business unit, we offer logistics services, point of sale refrigeration solutions and plastics solutions to FEMSA companies and external customers.
- We also participate in the janitorial and sanitation distribution industry in the United States.
Through our Business Units we have more tan 320,000 employees in 13 countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, USA and Uruguay.
We are members of the Dow Jones Sustainability MILA Pacific Alliance Index, the FTSE4Good Emerging Index and the Mexican Stock Exchange Sustainable IPC, among other indices that evaluate our performance in sustainability.