Mexico City, March 18th, 2020 – Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: KOFUBL, NYSE: KOF) (“Coca-Cola FEMSA, “KOF” or the “Company”), the largest Coca-Cola franchise bottler in the world by sales volume, released today its Integrated Report 2019, entitled “One Vision, One Platform, One Future.”
This year, Coca-Cola FEMSA highlights how its strategic framework has unified the organization under: One Vision to become a total beverage leader with sustainable and profitable growth; One Platform to ensure that its teams work as a cohesive unit, creating sustainable value for the company and its stakeholders; and One Future to maintain its flexibility to evolve together with its consumers and customers to match their ever-changing needs, generating social and environmental wellbeing as a shared purpose.
Highlights of Coca-Cola FEMSA Integrated Annual Report 2019
- In 2019, Coca-Cola FEMSA increased its sales volume by 1.4%, transactions by 2.5%, and total revenues by 6.7%.
- More than 7.2 million people benefited from Coca-Cola FEMSA’s healthy habits and nutrition programs from 2015 to 2019, surpassing the Company’s 2020 goal by 2.2 million people.
- For 2019, Coca-Cola FEMSA achieved a water use ratio of 1.52 liters of water per liter of beverage produced—a 22.5% improvement from its 2010 base year.
- The Company gave back to the environment more than 100% of the water it used in the production of its beverages in Argentina, Brazil, Central America, Colombia, and Mexico.
- In 2019, Coca-Cola FEMSA included an average of 23.7% of recycled resin into the production of all of its PET presentations, approaching the Company’s 2020 goal of integrating 25% of recycled materials, and generated savings of approximately US$11.2 million through its efficient resource management and packaging optimization.
- The Company recycled 95.7% of manufacturing waste generated in all of its production processes.
- From 2015 through 2019, Coca-Cola FEMSA achieved a 12.6% decrease in its manufacturing operations’ CO2 emissions, reaching 13.7 grams of CO2 per liter of beverage produced in 2019.
- The Company supplied 70.7% of its global bottling operations’ electricity requirements with clean energy sources by the end of 2019, up more than seven times from 9% in 2014, and used clean sources of energy for its manufacturing operations in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, and Panama.
- During 2019, Coca-Cola FEMSA’s employees and their families devoted more than 421 thousand hours to volunteer initiatives.
Message from the Chief Executive Officer
“Thanks to our “One KOF” strategy, we are enhancing core capabilities of commercial, supply, human resources and finance to win in a world marked by rapid changes while creating an even leaner, more agile organization focused on our customers and consumers. This journey, also aims to strengthen our digital and sustainability enablers all across the organization to foster the generation of economic value and social and environmental wellbeing in collaboration with all our stakeholders,” said John Santa Maria Otazua, CEO of Coca-Cola FEMSA.
Coca-Cola FEMSA Integrated Report 2019, “One Vision, One Platform, One Future” was developed under the guidelines of the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) and in accordance with the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative) Standards: Furthermore, this report communicates the Company’s progress toward achieving its 2020 Sustainability Goals and alignment with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The report also considers recommendations from the indexes and rankings in which the Company is included, such as the Mexican Stock Exchange Sustainable IPC; Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index; FTSE4Good Emerging Index; Vigeo Eiris Emerging Market 70 Ranking; and Bloomberg Equality Index.
The complete report is available on www.coca-colafemsa.com
About Coca-Cola FEMSA
Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. is the largest Coca-Cola franchise bottler in the world by sales volume. The Company produces and distributes trademark beverages of The Coca-Cola Company, offering a wide portfolio of 129 brands to a population of more than 261 million. With over 80 thousand employees, the Company markets and sells approximately 3.4 billion unit cases through close to 2 million points of sale a year. Operating 49 manufacturing plants and 268 distribution centers, Coca-Cola FEMSA is committed to generating economic, social, and environmental value for all of its stakeholders across the value chain. The Company is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Emerging Markets Index, Dow Jones Sustainability MILA Pacific Alliance Index, FTSE4Good Emerging Index, and the Mexican Stock Exchange’s IPC and Sustainability Indices, among others. Its operations encompass franchise territories in Mexico, Brazil, Guatemala, Colombia, and Argentina, and, nationwide, in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama, Uruguay, and Venezuela through its investment in KOF Venezuela. For further information, please visit www.coca-colafemsa.com