- Reported total revenues reached Ps. 39,860 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, an increase of 10.4% as compared to the fourth quarter of 2011, mainly as a result of double-digit revenue growth in the Mexico & Central America division
- Reported consolidated operating income grew 29.5% to Ps. 7,224 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, driven by double-digit growth in both divisions and the integration of the new territories in Mexico
- Reported consolidated net controlling interest income grew 34.7% to Ps. 4,324 million in the fourth quarter of 2012
Mexico City (February 27, 2013), Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: KOFL, NYSE: KOF) (“Coca-Cola FEMSA” or the “Company”), the largest franchise bottler in the world, announces results for the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Reported total revenues reached Ps. 39,860 million in the fourth quarter of 2012, an increase of 10.4% as compared to the fourth quarter of 2011, mainly as a result of double-digit revenue growth in the Mexico & Central America division, including the integration of Grupo CIMSA and Grupo Fomento Queretano in our Mexican territories. Excluding the non-comparable effect of these territories in Mexico, total revenues increased 6.0%.
- Reported consolidated operating income grew 29.5% to Ps. 7,224 million for the fourth quarter of 2012, driven by double-digit growth in both divisions and the integration of the new territories in Mexico. Our reported operating margin expanded 260 basis points to 18.1% in the fourth quarter of 2012. Excluding the noncomparable effect of Grupo CIMSA and Grupo Fomento Queretano, operating income grew 26.0%.
- Reported consolidated net controlling interest income grew 34.7% to Ps. 4,324 million in the fourth quarter of 2012.
"Our territories across Latin America delivered double-digit top- and bottom-line growth building on the integration of the new franchises in Mexico and our operator’s ability to execute in the marketplace and leverage on our value driven commercial model. Capitalizing on our financial and operating flexibility, we continued to firmly advance on our strategy to grow through accretive mergers and acquisitions—from our mergers with the beverage divisions of Grupo Tampico, CIMSA, and Grupo Fomento Queretano, to our acquisition of a majority stake in Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines, Inc., to our recently announced merger agreement with Grupo Yoli. Altogether, this marks five transactions in the Coca-Cola bottling system in the last 18 months. Entering 2013, I am confident that our growing family of more than 100,000 proud and passionate employees will enable us to transform our industry's arising challenges into opportunities. Working together, we will continue to deliver on our commitment to help people achieve healthy lifestyles through our proactive efforts to promote good nutrition, hydration, and regular physical activity. Simultaneously, we look forward to creating economic, social, and environmental value for all of our stakeholders," said Carlos Salazar Lomelin, Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
CONFERENCE CALL INFORMATION
Our fourth-quarter 2012 Conference Call will be held on February 27, 2013, at 11:00 A.M. Eastern Time (10:00 A.M. Mexico City Time). To participate in the conference call, please dial: Domestic U.S.: 800-573-4840 or International: 617-224-4326. We invite investors to listen to the live audiocast of the conference call on the Company’s website, www.coca-colafemsa.com
If you are unable to participate live, an instant replay of the conference call will be available through March 5, 2013. To listen to the replay, please dial: Domestic U.S.: 888-286-8010 or International: 617-801-6888. Pass code: 88550577.
Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V. produces and distributes Coca-Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Del Valle, and other trademark beverages of The Coca-Cola Company in Mexico (a substantial part of central Mexico, including Mexico City, as well as southeast and northeast Mexico), Guatemala (Guatemala City and surrounding areas), Nicaragua (nationwide), Costa Rica (nationwide), Panama (nationwide), Colombia (most of the country), Venezuela (nationwide), Brazil (greater São Paulo, Campiñas, Santos, the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, part of the state of Goias, and part of the state of Minas Gerais), Argentina (federal capital of Buenos Aires and surrounding areas) and Philippines (nationwide), along with bottled water, juices, teas, isotonics, beer, and other beverages in some of these territories. The Company has 60 bottling facilities and serves close to 315 million consumers through more than 2,500,000 retailers with more than 100,000 employees worldwide.