FEMSA Cerveza satisfies consumers’ tastes through a powerful, custom-crafted portfolio of 28 high-quality beer brands. Innovatively packaged and promoted to entice consumers at the point of sale, our beers are brewed at fourteen modern facilities across Brasil and Mexico.
Through our differentiated brand management and segmented market execution strategy, we work to stimulate and satisfy consumers’ thirst on almost any occasion by offering them the right product, presentation, and price at the right point in their lives.
This strategy, coupled with our talented and dedicated team, postion us to lead industry change and to capitalize on favorable long-term demographics in Mexico and abroad.
"To offer the best moments with the best brands"
"We are the continental brewery of greater profitable and sustained growth in América, duplicating the size of the business in scale every 10 years and its economic income every 5 years"
FEMSA Cerveza operates in Mexico and Brasil, besides being an importan beer exporter to the United States.
FEMSA Cerveza currently operates 6 production plants in Mexico and 8 in Brazil.
- Manaus, AM
- Pacatuba, CE
- Feira de Santana, BA
- Araraquara, SP
- Jacareí, SP
- Cuaiabá, MT
- Ponta Grossa, PR
- Gravataí, RS
In addition, FEMSA Cerveza produces its glass bottles, aluminum cans and crown caps through its strategic procurement area, which is composed by:
- Malta, S.A. de C.V.
- Fábricas Monterrey, S.A. de C.V. (FAMOSA) in Monterrey, Nuevo León; Toluca, State of Mexico; and Ensenada, Baja California Norte
- Sílices de Veracruz, S.A. de C.V. (SIVESA) in Orizaba, Veracruz
- Cervecería Cuauhtémoc was founded in 1890 in Monterrey, Nuevo León and is the cornerstone of FEMSA.
- In 1985 the Cuauhtémoc and Moctezuma breweries merged, and the company’s name was changed to Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.
- Sales as of December 2009 totaled $46,336 million pesos (MXN).
- FEMSA Cerveza is working to be a world-class marketing organization that generates value through the development of an integrated consumer-focused business system.
- Mexico’s potential beer market totals 63 million consumers and is growing at an annual rate of one million people.
- In 2007 an agreement with Heineken was extrendend for 10 more years, which will enable FEMSA Cerveza to increase its market share in the United States. Additionally, on January 11th 2010, FEMSA agreed to exchange its beer operations for a 20% economic interest in Heineken. The total transaction is valued at approximately US$ 7.347 billion.
- FEMSA Cerveza serves approximately 329,000 retail stores in Mexico.
- Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma produces three of the top five brands in the Mexican industry.
- In 2007, only in Mexico we launched 84 new products and presentations.
- For the fifth consecutive year, in 2009, Tecate Light was the fastest growing beer brand in Mexico.
- In September 2008, it began the construction of two new plants; a beer production plant and a glass bottle production plant in Meoqui, Chihuahua, Mexico. This action will permit FEMSA to meet the future demands of the beer industry in Mexico and exports. It stimates to start operations by 2010.
- Employees in Mexico: 22,592
- Employees in Brasil: 2,149
Heineken takes on FEMSA beer distribution
07/23/2010 | more
Sol moves to Heineken UK
07/22/2010 | more
Tecate celebrates Marquez vs. Diaz rematch with new marketing campaign targeting boxing fans
07/12/2010 | more
Mexican Antitrust Commission approves FEMSA's strategic transaction with Heineken | more
FEMSA Agrees to Exchange Beer Operations for 20% Economic Interest in Heineken | more
TECATE Honors Mexican Men and their Character through ‘Anthem 2’ Advertising Campaign | more
No Upcoming Events